2009年11月11日水曜日

-Importance of sounds-

Good afternoon, everyone.
I am Tate from Nagoya.

When I went to Taiwan, there was a thing surprised me very much.
There were a lot of people who could speak good English in Taiwan.
In other hand, Japanese people are not good at speaking English.
I was impressed that Taiwanese people could speak very beautiful English, and especially pronunciation was very good.


For example, when I asked a person
“Do you speak English?” the person seemed like she/he did not understand my English.
In stead of that, she asked me “Do you speak English?”
I keenly felt that it is hard to make myself understood with my English pronunciation.

The reasons why people could not understand my English is because English has more accents in words and sentences, compared to Japanese.
But Chinese pronunciation sounds similar to English to me.
Also both have similar grammatical rules.


I have heard that “Sound” is highly concerned in English education in Taiwan.
Therefore, most Taiwanese people are able to speak real English.


I thought that English education is still behind the times in Japan.
Sadly, my English as well.
I hope English education in Japan catches up with education in Taiwan soon.

Thank you.

Good luck. (*^_^*)



Don't miss the next story!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿